Magnetic products - on-line salesIn Magsy e-shop you can buy magnets and other magnetic products
Magnetic roller - magnetic pulley
Magnetic roller belongs to the group of separator characterized by an automatic cleaning. i.e. without a human operation need. Due to the magnetic cylinder using, ferromagnetic impurities may be separated from dry mixtures transported using conveyor belts. The device aims at separation of larger metal impurities.
Most often, magnetic cylinders are used in a way that they replace existing ending cylinder of the conveyor belt. So the cylinder is manufactured exactly in a way that it can replace the existing cylinder so the conveyor does not have to be modified in any special manner.
MV utilization industrial areas
Magnetic cylinders may be used on places where the separated material is transported using a belt conveyor.
- Waste recycling
- Building matter production
- Food industry
Utilization areas in the industrial operation:
Separation aimed at a technology protection in operations:
Most often, magnetic cylinders are installed in order to protect a manufacturing technology employed. Usually, in such cases, the device is equipped with ferrite magnets. Separator completed this way enables a separation of rather bigger metal impurities, in a manner that the risk of subsequent manufacturing technology is reduced. Also for this utilization, the separator may be equipped even with very strong neodymium magnets. It always depends on a situation in question.
Separation aimed at the product cleanliness:Both the separators with ferrite and very strong neodymium magnets may be used. However, we rather recommend using of neodymium magnets.
MV magnetic cylinder design and function
Magnetic cylinder includes ferrite or very strong neodymium magnets. The cylinder is inserted into a conveyor belt, and it catches ferromagnetic impurities that are later transported behind the cylinder axis. Here, due to increasing distance between the cylinder and the conveyor belt, the metals situated behind the cylinder axis fall off.
As a quality separation assumption, as thin as possible layer of the material transported on the belt must be taken into account. In case the material layer is thicker (or the transported material is hardly permeable), the magnetic cylinder is only able to separate the ferromagnetic impurities from the lower part of the material layer. In such cases, we recommend combining the cylinder with a magnetic plate or with a magnet to be situated above the conveyor. Due to that, a very efficient separator combination may be formed for such demanding operations.
In case the belt conveyor design requires so, the magnetic cylinder may be rubber-coated. However, the magnetic cylinder force becomes reduced in this case, and hence the separation quality is lower.
MV magnetic cylinder main benefits:
- Automatically cleaned magnetic separator – no operator needed. Associated personal costs are reduced.
- Made-to-measure production in a way that an existing conveyor cylinder may be replaced with the magnetic cylinder.
- Possibility of using ferrite and even very strong neodymium NdFeB magnets, in order to achieve the maximum magnetic separation level
- Possibility of the cylinder delivery including the rubber coating
Do you need a magnetic cylinder with different dimensions?
MV general technical specification
MV standardly manufactured models and sizes
- We manufacture the magnetic cylinder with the following diameters: 80; 104; 154; 204; 254; 304; 406; …; 800 mm
- Cylinder length: 150 – 2000 mm as a standard
- Shaft: according to your requirements
- Ferrite or very strong NdFeB magnets
Magnetic material temperature resistance
- As a standard: up to 80 ˚C
- As an option: up to 150 ˚C
- ferrite magnets: 1 500 – 2 000 G
- neodymium NdFeB magnets: 6 000 - 8 000 G
In case the highest magnetic separation level is required, we can manufacture the magnetic cylinder as equipped with the strongest neodymium magnets, achieving the magnetic induction level of up to 12,000 G!
- automatic cleaning, no operators needed
- As a standard: stainless steel 1.4301 / AISI 304.
- All engineering workmanship operations are performed using own production equipment and own MAGSY CZ engineering technology.
They are performed according to requirements of technological standards valid for stainless material welding. Demanding outgoing weld inspection guaranties the high final product quality.
Ask us – we will advise you!
Made-to-measure production is our strength.Write us to get our quotation regarding the separator you are interested in
MAGSY is competent in designing proper separator type and model including its magnetic output and labyrinth corresponding to a given separation task. The knowledge of the operational conditions, medium and Fe impurity parameters is needed for that.