- Liquid mixtures
- Manual cleaning
- Flow-type magnetic separator MF – UP
Flow-type magnetic separator MF – UP
MF- UP magnetic separator is a newly-developed separator type, designed for the liquid mixtures. It is characterized by a modern, innovative design, increased magnetic output, using the strongest magnets, flow labyrinth innovation by the material flow control using cascades, rational manual cleaning system and, finally, the system of an easy covering pipe replacement. Due to these benefits and the rational design, as well as the total engineering workmanship, this separator meets all demanding customer requirements, so it is a supposed market leader in the category of the flow-type, manually cleaned separators.
More detailed information
Size models and separator design
MF-UP is a standardly manufactured product by the company MAGSY. It is designed for connecting to circular pipelines, in the following sizes:
DN: 50; 65; 80; 100; mm
If the MF-UP separator is used, the utilization is normally aimed at the protection of own product – medium.
From the magnetic equipment point of view, MF-UP is manufactured on the magnetic induction levels of I – VI.
MF-UP magnetic cores are vertically movable within the component. The system enables a possibility of a comfortable and quite good system of the pipe cleaning from Fe impurities. At the same time, the system provides the magnetic core protection against an erosive action in liquid environments.
Main benefits of MF – UP separator:
- Cascade flow – due to the fact that the incoming and outgoing holes are located on different positions, more efficient material flow through the magnetic separator takes place, and this results into the maximum utilization of the whole magnetic pipe length.
- Magnetic induction of up to 17,000 G – on all magnetic pipes. Yu can choose the magnetic induction level of I – VI.
- All magnetic pipes with the diameter of 30 mm – in comparison with competitor product, already in our standard production portfolio, we offer all pipes with the diameter of 30 mm
- Magnetic pipe replacement possibility – magnets located in the separator are protected using stainless steel cases. In case of damaging, you can replace these covering pipes with new ones quite easily. Due to that, this separator is also suitable for more demanding environments (abrasive materials, etc.)
- Possibility of the magnetic core locking – due to the possibility of the manipulation handrail locking, there is no risk of the production sabotage by an intentional pulling the “cleaning handrail” during the entire manufacturing process.
- Possibility of the cleaning preparation supplying – by the reason of an easier manipulation during magnetic pipe cleaning, we can supply you the cleaning preparation that is made to measure of your magnetic separator.
Separator safety and quality information
We care about the high quality of our magnetic separators
MF-UP general technical specifications
- The strongest NdFeB magnets, situated in the covering pipes.
- Ring magnet with the outer Ø= 29 mm+ the quantity of magnetic cores is given by the MF-UP size model and by the flow labyrinth
Magnetic material temperature resistance
- As a standard: up to 80 ˚C
- As an option: up to 150 ˚C
- By choosing from the two strongest levels, III., or IV.,. according to the separation task and operational conditions.
The system of magnetic cores in the pipes
- Covering pipes: outer Ø = 31 mm,
- The core are closed in the pipes and they are vertically movable within the component
- A quantity of the magnetic cores in the separator body component is given by the MF-UP size model; an efficient separation and fluent medium flow requirements must be respected.
- As a standard: stainless steel 1.4301 / AISI 304.
- As an option: stainless steel 1.4404 / AISI 316L or, possibly, 1.4571 / AISI 316Ti (for acidic pH environments)
Body and component sealing material
- As a standard: silicone sealing in the quality corresponding to the separation task and operational conditions
- As an option: EPDM food-industry sealing conforming to the food industry requirements
All materials are certified in a quality corresponding to respective EU norms.
- Body outer surfaces and separator component: machine-blasted using a fine ceramics compound
- Covering pipe outer surface: polished
- Body inner surfaces: technologically cleaned, without a machine treatment.
- As a standard: fixed flange according to an appropriate DN/PN pipeline diameter
- As an option: free flange or screwing according to an appropriate DN/PN diameter
Counter-flanges are parts of the product delivery. Other connecting elements are possible as non-standard items, as an option.
- All engineering workmanship operations are carried out using machines belonging to own MAGSY CZ manufacturing equipment, using own MAGSY CZ engineering technology.
They are performed according to requirements of technological standards valid in stainless steel material welding. Demanding outgoing weld quality inspection guarantees a high outgoing product quality.
MAGSY is competent in designing proper separator type and model including its magnetic output and labyrinth corresponding to a given separation task. The knowledge of the operational conditions, medium and Fe impurity parameters is needed for that.
Cleaning preparation used with MF – Classic and MF – UP
In order to simplify own manual separator cleaning, MAGSY manufactures the cleaning preparations being offered as an additional, facultative separator equipment.
Cleaning preparation used with the MF-classic and MF-UP serves to simplify the cleaning process, to increase the cleaning comfort and, last but not least, to improve the working safety on the separator magnetic component handling.
The material: stainless steel 1.4301
Working procedure using the cleaning preparation
- The component is dismantled from the separator body, and it is relocated to the cleaning preparation seat. Telescopic mechanism pull bar remains inserted in the lower position, i.e. the cores are in the lower pipe position. Fe impurities are still held on the pipe surface using the magnetism. Not pulled = the cores remain in the lower pipe position.
- Mechanism pull bar is pulled up to the upper position. This way, also the magnetic cores are relocated to the upper pipe space in the component. This leads to the magnetic field relocation to the upper component space, and the pipes in the separation area become demagnetized.
- Due to that, the magnetic field that previously held separated Fe impurities on pipes, is interrupted. Then the impurities fall out spontaneously to the garbage cup.
- Fe impurity residuals, still occurring on the pipes (due to just a weak para-magnetism), are cleaned easily using a brush.
Cleaning preparation utilization area
- Increase the cleaning comfort
- Working safety improvement, it helps keep the workplace clean and tidy
- Magnetic core durability increase
MAGSY recommends using of cleaning preparations in separator cleaning