Magnetic rod is an essential part of any magnetic grate. Using several magnetic rods, a simple, one-story magnetic grate may be created. Magnetic rod consists of a closed, stainless steel pipe and magnetic core. On one end, the pipe is equipped with an inner screw for an attachment to the grate frame.
More detailed information
Magnetic rods – main benefits:
- Good magnetic output of separate rods due to strong NdFeB magnets
- Minimum magnetic output losses due to a thin, worked pipe wall.
- The product has flexible dimensions. MAGSY manufactures magnetic rods according to dimensions given by customers.
Non-comfortable system of magnetic rods cleaning from Fe impurities is a disadvantage. The cores cannot be pulled out.
Standard magnetic parameters of MAGSY rods are on the three levels.
As a standard, MAGSY manufactures MR magnetic rods in two diameters and several lengths.
- MR with the diameter of 25 mm: the lengths are 150; 200; 250; 300; 350; 450 and 500 mm
- MR with the diameter of 30 mm: the length is 250 mm.
Magnetic rod cleaning is always manual. Wipe Fe impurities off from the rod surface by hand.
Customers prefer magnetic rods mainly in certain grate dimensions. Own grate is made by customers by themselves.
Magnetic rods are made-on-measure by MAGSY in various lengths and flexibly, based on a submission.
Magnetic rods – industrial utilization areas
1. Use in dry materials
In fact, MR magnetic rods, as parts of magnetic grates, may be used in all industrial areas where the medium to be cleaned is represented by a dry, homogeneous material, or dry material mixtures in very small or fine fractions. Good loose parameters need to be provided at all times.
Grates made of magnetic rods are not suitable for using with abrasive media because the pipe wall is machined to a very small thickness so the tear and wear of the pipe may come very quickly. This deals also with materials with adhesive behavior. Rod-made grates are usually stationary, i.e. the grates may become clogged due to the material “arching”.
- Agricultural product industry, feeding mixtures, especially food industry
- Building matter industry, ceramics and porcelain industry, chemical industry
- Polymer and rubber processing industry and other industrial areas where dry, loose bulk material is processed.
Due to the facts that separate rods are supplied per order and the customer creates his magnetic grate by himself, the question of so called “fall labyrinth” is not solved on the MAGSY side. This indispensable condition of a proper separation efficiency is solved and covered by the MAGSY company only in cases of separators belonging completely to the company portfolio (MST, etc.).
MR magnetic rods – general technical specification
- Very strong NdFeB magnets
- Magnetic cylinder, outer diameter Ø= 24 mm or 29 mm
- Rod, outer diameter Ø= 25 mm or 30 mm
- Magnetic material temperature resistance: 80˚C as a standard
- Optionally: up to 120˚C (or, possibly, even higher temperatures)
- We supply the rods with the diameter of 25 and 30 mm on 3 magnetic induction levels from 6,300 to 10,600 G – as measured on the magnetic rod surface!
- magnetic core is closed in a rod, the core cannot be pulled out
- the rod is closed, the wall pipe is machined to the thickness of 0.6 mm at max
- as a standard, this is stainless steel 1.4301 / AISI 304.
- optionally: 1.4404 / AISI 316
- all materials are performed in a quality according to EU norms with respective certifications
- outer rod surface is treated by polishing
- inner screw M12 is on one of the rod sides – on the forefront
All engineering workmanship and machining operations are performed in own production facility, using own MAGSY engineering technology and own machines. MAGSY CZ machine park is modern.
Component welds are performed according to requirements of technological norms dealing with stainless material welding. Due to very strict outgoing control, top quality of joints is guaranteed.