Magnetic rods – industrial utilization areas
1. Use in dry materials
In fact, MR magnetic rods, as parts of magnetic grates, may be used in all industrial areas where the medium to be cleaned is represented by a dry, homogeneous material, or dry material mixtures in very small or fine fractions. Good loose parameters need to be provided at all times.
Grates made of magnetic rods are not suitable for using with abrasive media because the pipe wall is machined to a very small thickness so the tear and wear of the pipe may come very quickly. This deals also with materials with adhesive behavior. Rod-made grates are usually stationary, i.e. the grates may become clogged due to the material “arching”.
- Agricultural product industry, feeding mixtures, especially food industry
- Building matter industry, ceramics and porcelain industry, chemical industry
- Polymer and rubber processing industry and other industrial areas where dry, loose bulk material is processed.
Due to the facts that separate rods are supplied per order and the customer creates his magnetic grate by himself, the question of so called “fall labyrinth” is not solved on the MAGSY side. This indispensable condition of a proper separation efficiency is solved and covered by the MAGSY company only in cases of separators belonging completely to the company portfolio (MST, etc.).
MR magnetic rods – general technical specification
- Very strong NdFeB magnets
- Magnetic cylinder, outer diameter Ø= 24 mm or 29 mm
- Rod, outer diameter Ø= 25 mm or 30 mm
- Magnetic material temperature resistance: 80˚C as a standard
- Optionally: up to 120˚C (or, possibly, even higher temperatures)
- magnetic core is closed in a rod, the core cannot be pulled out
- the rod is closed, the wall pipe is machined to the thickness of 0.6 mm at max
- as a standard, this is stainless steel 1.4301 / AISI 304.
- optionally: 1.4404 / AISI 316
- all materials are performed in a quality according to EU norms with respective certifications
- outer rod surface is treated by polishing
- inner screw M12 is on one of the rod sides – on the forefront
All engineering workmanship and machining operations are performed in own production facility, using own MAGSY engineering technology and own machines. MAGSY CZ machine park is modern.
Component welds are performed according to requirements of technological norms dealing with stainless material welding. Due to very strict outgoing control, top quality of joints is guaranteed.