In case the magnetic core is pulled up to the upper rod half, the lower rod half is without the magnetic action. Magnetic impurities that were caught on the rod previously, fall out spontaneously. Separation collar located in the rod half serves to prevent getting of magnetic impurities from the lower to the upper half.
Therefore, testing rod cleaning principle is that you pull the plastic handrail and the magnetic impurities fall out of the rod surface in the lower half.
As a standard, MAGSY offers two testing magnetic rod types.
In both types, the functional magnetic length is 140 mm.
- MTR Ø 20 mm; magnetic induction is ca 5500 G.
- MTR Ø 30 mm, magnetic induction is ca 6500 G
(magnetic parameters = as measured on the magnetic core surface)
MTT magnetic testing rods – general technical specification
- Very strong NdFeB magnets,
- Ring magnet outer Ø= 19 mm or 29 mm,
- Rod outer Ø= 20 mm or 30 mm
- Magnetic material temperature resistance: up to 80 ˚C as a standard
- Rod Ø 20 mm = 5500 G, Rod Ø 30 mm = 6500 G. Measured on the magnetic core surface.
- Magnetic core closed in the rod. The core is movable, upwards and downwards.
- Closed rod, pipe wall is machined to the thickness of 0.6 mm at max.
- As a standard, stainless steel 1.4301 / AISI 304
- Outer rod surface is treated with polishing.
All engineering workmanship and machining operations are performed in our production plant, using own MAGSY engineering technology and own machines belonging to a modern MAGSY CZ machine park.