Magnetic products - on-line salesIn Magsy e-shop you can buy magnets and other magnetic products
Covered magnetic grate MRZ
As an improved option of telescopic magnetic grates, covered grates were introduced that could be used for both the magnetic separation from loose materials, and from loose mixtures. Due to their design, they may be used especially in humid environments where they are very popular. Mostly these liquids with a low density, e.g. various de-greasing and cooling emulsions, lubricants, oils, etc. The innovation consists in a sophisticated cleaning process already known in e.g. magnetic separators, flow-type ones, MF due to which there is guaranteed a maximum magnetic core resistance in relation to surrounding humidity. By an action of a very strong magnetic field, even very fine metal impurities are caught, even in order of microns.
Covered magnetic grates as such are manufactured by the company MAGSY as a custom-made production mainly, based on dimensional requirements stipulated by a customer.
- Machine engineering
- Ceramics industry
- Processing industry
- Liquid cooling systems
- Paper industry
Utilization area in industrial operations::
Magnetic pipes of a covered magnetic grate are mostly designed into a “grate-type” assembly and, as a standard, they are manufactured using 1.4301 / AISI 304 stainless steel. In case the covered magnetic grate installation has to be applied in an aggressive material, we can supply you the option manufactured using 1.4404 / AISI 316L material.
Due to a very thin covering pipe wall, machined down to the thickness of 0.6 mm, we reach a very high magnetic force on its surface. As a standard covering pipe diameter, even 31.0 mm is considered. As a standard, magnetic pipe load-bearing elements are manufactured using flat materials with the thickness of 4 mm. Covering extensions are standardly available in the thicknesses ranging from 2 to 3 mm.
Today we are only using very strong permanent neodymium (NdFeB) magnets providing – due to their unique force that is the highest one amongst permanent magnets – reliable catching and – mainly – subsequent holding (fixation) of metal impurities on a covering pipe. Ferrite magnets used previously are almost no more used in this type of separation.
These permanent neodymium magnets are installed into a covering, stainless steel pipe. As a standard, today we offer 6 magnetic induction levels, i.e. the levels of the magnetic force, as a function of a type of environment into which the covered grate is situated. Some levels are characterized by a higher gripping force whereas others are typical with higher magnetic field values – find out more about the magnetic parameters.
Main benefits of MRZ covered magnetic grates
- Maximum resistance against humidity
- During the entire utilization time, the magnets including cleaning are protected which prevents their damaging
- High magnetic induction – up to 6 magnetic and tear-off force levels = very high magnetic separation efficiency in comparison with commonly used grates including ferrite magnets
- Very comfortable, fast and SAFE magnetic pipe cleaning
MRZ general technical specification
- Very strong NdFeB magnets, in covering pipes
- As a standard: ring-type magnet with outer Ø= 29 mm, outer pipe Ø= 31-32 mm
Magnetic material temperature resistance
- As a standard: up to 80 ˚C
- As an option: up to 150 ˚C (or even higher)
- Stationary covering stainless steel pipes, pull-out magnetic cores
Grate and covering pipe material
- As a standard: stainless steel 1.4301 / AISI 304.
- As an option: stainless steel 1.4404 / AISI 316L
All materials are certified in a quality corresponding to respective EU norms.
- Grate frame: machine-blasted using a ceramics compound
- Outer pipe surface: machine-blasted, or polished as an option
All engineering workmanship operations are carried out using machines belonging to own MAGSY CZ manufacturing equipment, using own MAGSY CZ engineering technology.
They are performed according to requirements of technological standards valid in stainless steel material welding. Demanding outgoing weld quality inspection guarantees a high outgoing product quality.
Magnetic cores are permanently secured and protected against humidity. This applies even during cleaning of these covered magnetic grates.
- After releasing the safety clip, using the handrail, pull the magnetic cores up to the upper part of the covered magnetic separator
- This way the lower part – stainless steel covering pipes - become demagnetized. Metals fall out (due to natural characteristics of metal impurities being caught by these types of magnetic separators). They even assume characteristics of a slimy mud – in most cases, these impurities must be rinsed with water.
Push the cores back to the stainless steel pipes; this way, they become magnetized again.
Ask us – we will advise you!
Made-to-measure production is our strength.Write us to get our quotation regarding the separator you are interested in